Saturday 11 June 2016

A Quick Catch-Up with Phillip Foxley - A Famous Guitarist/Songwriter

Love Music recently interviewed an Famous Guitarist & Songwriter Phillip Foxley, from the UK . He first picked up a guitar in the 1970s, playing clubs and bars. Over time, he found himself in studio sessions, house bands, and writing music for TV and film soundtracks.

With influences like Snowy White, David Gilmour, Mick Ronson, Leslie West, Gary Moore, Foxley has now released his own debut EP entitled "I'll try 'till I die". An eclectic collection of original blistering blues rock guitar and soft acoustic and piano tracks written over the years. Foxley says "Every track on this album means so much and every note is from my very soul" ...

Check out the interview :

 

Love Music : Let’s talk a bit about your profession and what is the secret behind your success ?

Phillip Foxley :

Well I don't know about 'success' but I enjoy writing, playing and producing original music. It's such a buzz to hear a track on one of the internet radio stations or when someone takes the time to get in touch with a question or just to say that they like (or dislike :-)) a particular track.

Love Music : Please tell us about your debut EP "I'll try 'till I die" ?
 

Phillip Foxley :

Ok, this debut EP contains a collection of tracks I've written over the years so it's like my musical life story. It's also a 'big' EP in that there are over twenty tracks on it already and, because I don't intend to release and more albums, I just keep adding tracks to it. The earlier tracks have a poorer mix and production which I kept in as a mark of the childlike mistakes I made whilst learning the recording process. I realised quite earlier on that studio recording requires such great technical ability and talent that I simply don't possess, so I now have the greatest respect for all the unsung sound Engineers and Producers out there.

So, anyone buying the EP will receive a special code on request to download the latest EP version for free.  

Love Music : How you feels when you first picked up a guitar in the 1970s?
 

Phillip Foxley :

At first, the guitar was alien to me in that when listening to artists/bands on the TV on albums, it looked so easy to play - how wrong I was!
However, after a while, I got used to making a (loud) noise with it (much to the annoyance of my neighbours) which eventually turned into sort of recognisable sounds. Then I gradually began to master cover songs and instrumentals before realising that it was such a versatile instrument as I gravitated into writing my own songs. 

Love Music : What's your fav. Song?
 

Phillip Foxley :

Tricky question because my favourite song tends to be my latest one :-). However, I think 'The Place' with vocals by Tony Pappas is probably my overall favourite so far. Tony really brought this track to life with his superbly strong vocal and interpretation. This one is played really loud in my car.

Love Music : Do you set goals for yourself and how do you do that?

Phillip Foxley :

Not goals so much but I do find that an idea will come in to my head, either naturally or by playing a new chord sequence or melody. Once that happens, I try to capture it as soon as possible.

Love Music : What motivates you to do your best work ?

Phillip Foxley :

This is simple - hearing other artists perform on my tracks. For example, Tony's vocals on 'The Place, Anna's vocals on 'I Don't Mind!' and 'Promises' and Eve's vocal on the acoustic version of 'Promises, last but not least, Nachum's vocal on 'I Don't Want To Go!'. All these artists brought my songs life which I could not have done on my own.

Love Music : What hidden talents do you have?

Phillip Foxley :

None that I know of.

Love Music : Tell us about your achievements as a famous songwriter/guitarist ?

Phillip Foxley :

As I mentioned earlier, I feel proud and honoured to hear a track on the radio, also some of the superb and very generous reviews I've received from some of the established music media. I'm also particularly pleased with making the April 2016 front cover of Jamsphere Magazine.
http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/1090300?__r=486952 - Wow!

Love Music : What do you find most inspires you to do that work?

Phillip Foxley :

Every message I receive via Twitter or FB etc keeps me going and I'm very grateful for that.

Love Music : How can people find you and follow you online?

Phillip Foxley :

Here are my links: please feel free to drop by and say hi - I don't bite and it would be great to hear from you.

CD quality tracks etc:

Phillip Foxley


MP3 tracks, Press, Interviews & Video etc:

http://www.reverbnation.com/phillipfoxley
http://www.reverbnation.com/rpk/phillipfoxley

My debut album "I'll try 'till I die" released in July 2015 via BandCamp.

"I'll try 'till I die"


Social:

On Twitter:

@foxleyinfo


On Facebook:

Phillip Foxley - Songwriter & Guitarist



0 comments:

Post a Comment